I'd also like to welcome two new followers today, they are Pam, and Angela, and I hope you'll stop by and visit with them.
I'm seeing a pal this morning, for coffee and exchange of spoons for money!!! . . . . Whilst blog hopping recently I spotted a project (link below) using coffee shop spoons for altered art. Decided I'd quite like to have a go so trawled t'internet for supplies - found them in packs of a hundred! Now, aside from using them as spoons I knew I would NEVER use 100 so spoke to a few friends who, between them, relieved me of 75. I reckoned 25 would be plenty - the excess could be used as ... well, spoons! See further below for details of how my first attempt went!
|And in close up|
|And the insert and envelope|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 13½cm
- Two pieces of black card cut to mat with 1.6mm border
- Chocolate Baroque image (from their set entitled "Wisteria Lane which, incidentally, I almost DIDN'T buy recently but have used loads since I succumbed!) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Acid Drops and Whatnots frame stamped using Memento grey flannel ink
- Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Crystal stickles to "trace" the frame and brighten up such a sombre card whilst still (IMHO) being suitable for a sympathy card
- Ooh La La - challenge No. 198 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
- Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 99 - ANYTHING GOES
- Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 299 - ANYTHING GOES
- Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 211 - BLACK and WHITE
I recently saw a post by Kate Crane in which she deployed coffee shop spoons to make a spoon dolly - had to have a go but (being far less talented than Kate) found it harder than it looked! MUCH HARDER! Especially as I actually had no fabric to use for her "costume"!
|Here's the little minx in her underwear|
|With her flirty net outfit|
Think I need to work on "proportion"!!!!
|And her wiry hair!|
I'll be entering Talullah for the following challenges:-
- We Love 2 Create (Pan Pastels) - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- Crafty Boots - February 15th challenge - NO STAMPS ALLOWED
I WILL have another go and may "acquire" some fabric but I only had net so it just had to be used! - couldn't wait till I could beg, borrow or steal some fabric! Think I need a little practise at this spoon dolly malarkey but .. gettin' there! Actually, as I'm typing this I'm thinking handkerchief and inktense blocks for some jazzy fabric design ... all I need to do is decide whether to decorate the fabric before or after I cut the "dress"!!!! Any recommendations readers?
|STILL not tidy - sorry peeps!|