Monday, 26 September 2016

Morning and welcome to the start of another week ...

Morning peeps,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was quite creative on the Christmas card front! I am LOVING these little 10cm square cards and have another to share with you this morning. A pal set a challenge of "festive birds" and I couldn't resist cracking the seal on my Sparkle 'n Sprinkle set once more after all, it's been a while .....

My card
And a closer view of the doodled borders and "snowflakes"
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white,250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • One piece of red card cut to 9½cm square
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle crows stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens in black and red to add a touch of colour and twinkle
  • My Favourite Things "snowflakes" stamped using Ranger Archival jet black
  • White gel pen used to doodle border on red matting layer
  • Black Faber Castell pitt pen used to doodle border on white image panel and insert
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the stars, pom poms and "snow"


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - Rudolph Day Challenge - FESTIVE BIRDS
  2. Weekly Christmas card challenge - challenge No. 42 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Dragonfly journey - challenge No. 75 - SHAKE YOUR TAIL FEATHER (or, in this case 5 sets of tail feathers!!)
  4. Lil Patch of crafty friends - challenge No. 42 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Take a word challenge - September 25th challenge - HEADGEAR .. crows in hats - CHECK!

Have a great week all


16 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, what COOL Christmas cards, Kathy, love them!

lilian said...

What a great card Kathy, Loving the image
Lilian

SARN said...

LOVE that S&S Merry Crows set. You're making fab cards with it! Keep 'em coming!

Happy Monday! xxx

Sandy Palmer said...

I love how the envelope matches the card! I think it makes it more special! Those crows look very fun! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I have good news, Kathy! The picture that has held the place next to "festive" in the dictionary for 150 years has been replaced by your card!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and loving your attention to detail, as always!! Hugs, Darnell

Kath said...

Great cards and fabulous images.
Kath x

Sue - said...

What a great fun image! Super card!

Barb said...

A lovely card Kathy. They are super little birds. Barbxx

Viv said...

Such pretty little Xmas cards and matching envelope too ☺ Viv xx

Deann said...

Delightful cards...beautiful work.

Pat said...

I love your fun birds with their Santa hats on Kathy and such pretty sparkle, and great doodled frame and red border. x

Debbie said...

So cute!! Fun image and I love your doodled border!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Jeannie said...

Hi Kathy! These are such cute little birds and I love the addition of the sparkle too. Thanks so much for joining my Shake your Tail Feathers challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Incipient Wings said...

adorable!

Michele said...

i love the birds in hats, wonderful! xo

Ozstuff said...

I love the Christmas caps on blackbirds theme! The perfect image for the coming festive season. Chirpy!