Friday, 16 June 2017

It's (almost) the weekend!

Morning

I've been a fan of Doctor Who since it started (first time around, in black and white!!) and today I've a "WHO"vian themed ATC to share with you this morning, having recently acquired a set of WHOvian stamps from Viva Las Vegas. This  ATC was inspired by one of my favourite episodes of the rebooted series - the weeping angels episode "BLINK", from series III!


My "weeping angels" ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut to ATC size
  • I stamped my weeping angels image (from Viva Las Vegas plate #925) using Memento tuxedo black ink on to the white card and again on to a full adhesive cover post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
  • I stamped my TARDIS over the masked angel using Versafine majestic blue ink and then again on to a full cover adhesive post it note which I then cut out and used as a mask
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I applied Distress Inks in tumbled glass, weathered wood and salty ocean around the masked images
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour the TARDIS and angel image
  • Once completed I applied a layer of Crafters Companion spray and shine, to protect the water based inks against the weather the ATC might encounter in transit!
  • I stamped the sentiment (from the same VLV plate) using Memento tuxedo black ink before adding cool grey and antique white alcohol markers to take the edge off the bright white of the card. The sentiment didn't fit across my ATC in one piece so I cut round it, ran it through my Xyron sticker maker and adhered in two pieces, drawing around the outer edge using a Faber Castell pitt pen
  • Finally, I used a black alcohol marker around the outer edge of the ATC .. basically because the ATC blank was bright red and it looked odd!




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - June 13th-20th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Ike's World - challenge No. 90 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 163 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting by Designs - June 14th challenge - THINGS WITH WINGS



10 comments:

Lillianb said...

what a great ATC mate.

Lilian

Borqna said...

Love it!
Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges.
Good luck!

Sall said...

I can see your passion for the topic coming through in your atc which is fabulous. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Viv said...

Great ATC Kathy, enjoy your weekend ;) Viv xx

Pat said...

I love this Dr Who themed ATC Kathy and the colours are great. I don't really follow it so I don't know this particular episode but it looks great. Have a lovely weekend. x

Cara said...

Loving the Dr Who theme. Great ATC x

SARN said...

Totally agree with Cara's comment above! Xxx

Darnell said...

Kevin and Dan used to watch that show religiously, Kathy! Alas, don't hate me, but I could never get into it. I do, however, enjoy watching you get creative with anything WHOvian and I love your ATC! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

ike said...

That is very cool :-) I used to watch Dr Who right from the beginning but have missed all the new stuff since I moved to Greece many years ago, so I don't even know who plays him now :-(
A fabulous creation - very striking.
Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Karen said...

Love this image! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door