Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning,

It's the middle of the week already and summer is (supposedly) here ... it won't be long now till we have the longest day! Seems weird really, when I have to spend much of the time with a light on! Summer indeed?!?!!

At least my craft table sees as much light as possible given that I craft in front of patio doors. I have a summery make to share with you today, using recently acquired and Never Before Used Stuff ....


My card
And a closer view of my colouring and, hopefully, gloss!
 

The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm and 14cm square
  • One piece of turquoise card cut to 14cm square
  • Art Impressions image and sentiment from the Road Trip set, stamped using Memento tuxedo black (the eagle eyed may spot a colour difference between the card front and insert ... cue NEW ink pad!)
  • Additionally, for the insert I used a Funstamps (Happy Birthday) and an Art Impressions sentiment (old enough ....) using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Copic markers to colour the image (NBUS - a birthday gift from generous friends - thanks peeps!)
  • Plaid dimensional gloss to give the car a wax!


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Dream Valley - challenge No. 158 - SQUARE CARDS ONLY
  2. Incy Wincy - June 5th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Fashionable Stamping - June 11th challenge - MAKE IT FEMININE
  4. Crafty Sentiments - 13th June challenge - SUMMER - when else could you ride around with the top down?
  5. Stinkin' Inkers - June challenge - GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN (my sentiment says it all!)

It's been DAYS since you've seen an ATC from me so please allow me to rectify that now.
My ATC
And a closer view of the colouring and gloss
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of double sided paper (from the superb value Costco pack which I've had for years and hardly seem to be making a dent in!)
  • Snippet of white card
  • Paper Artsy JOFY JM21 image stamped on to the white card panel using Memento tuxedo black
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image and background
  • Costco wood mounted dotty image (from a scrapbooking compendium which, again, I've had for years) stamped using Memento tangelo ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Plaid dimensional gloss on the fuchsia heads to give texture and interest



I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Happy Little Stampers - June ATC challenge - FLOWERS
  2. Addicted to stamps - challenge No. 150 - FLOWERS
  3. Crazy challenge - challenge No. 250 - USE FLOWERS
  4. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 59 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since it IS WOYWW ... here's a peek at the mess which is my desk ... I'll be entering this for WOYWW #419, where I will be entry #12


As you can see, I have relocated (temporarily) to my colouring station!

38 comments:

Shirley Chillman said...

Thank you Kathy what a lovely way to start the day by hopping onto your blog and seeing such a fun card. It made me smile, such a well thought out CAS make, love it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

sandra de said...

Hi Kathy what a great stamp.... looks like a gaggle of woyww heading off for a crop. Have a lovely week.
Sandra de @11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sandra stole my line!! The card reminded me of ladies going a-cropping, lol!!! I love the colours all lined up neatly, fills my heart with joy seeing that 😊
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

Twiglet said...

Yes I thought the same - just a few happy crafters gadding off fo the day! Fab.xx

Angela Radford said...

hi Kathy what a busy post today and great projects you've shown us. I've just ordered a stamp from the ladies set but I love this one even more. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x16x

SARN said...

FANTASTIC card and ATC. Your colouring is sublime.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love all the colouring, fabulous. And what an amazing selection of pens & pencils. A fab rainbow of colour. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

Bubbles said...

Great ATC... you use plaid gloss? It looks so neat and good clean lines - do you think it's easier to use than glossy accents (because I always end up making a real mess with that stuff lol)?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #13
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-419.html

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Kathy had a huge chuckle at Sandra and LLJ comments and the gaggle of WOYWWers, heading off to a crop. What fun that image is.
I love your ATCs too the detail is special.
Thanks so much for your great desky share.
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #31

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

AliWade said...

Happy WOYWW. I am admiring your fantastic tin of pencils. I think you have every colour there. Ali x #42

Christine said...

Great card, love the ATC and wow! for the colouring station. Enjoyed your post.
Christine #24

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Loving all those coloured pencils laid out like that - wow! I've got pencil envy! What a fun card and the ATC is lovely too! Thanks so much for visiting! Enjoy the rest of your week! zsuzsa #28

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Kathy,

Wow - love everything you've shared!! I think I need the road trip stamp; will have to start making a wish list!! The ATCs you created are lovely too. Thanks for sharing!

Happy WOYWW
Peace, Kay (43)

Robyn said...

Cute cards. I love summer! Robyn 6

Lillianb said...

Loving a card Mate, The ATC is very pretty,

Happy WOYWDW

Lilian

Vicky Fisher said...

That is one massive box of coloring pencils, and your coloring is wonderful,the car image is so much fun,like the details you take care of with the envelop and inside,happy WOYWW Vicky #18

Pat said...

The ladies are such fun Kathy and love the way you have coloured them and added the gloss, and the ATC flowers have a great glossy finish and prettily finished with the dots in the background. x

Lindart said...

What a fun card! I could go on a road trip like that! I love the gloss on the hanging flowers - very pretty! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #64

Helen said...

great makes, especially the atc with some of my favourite stamps. Helen #1

Cara said...

Fabulous card, beautifully coloured. Your ATC is fab, I love those quirky flowers x

Kylie said...

LOVE your shiny elements on both your card and ATC. Your flowers are amazing just like that sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Jane said...

Such a beautiful ATC, love the colours and the shiny elements. Thanks for joining in with HLS new ATC Challenge.

lisa said...

What a fantastic collection of colouring pencils you have there..WOW!
Hugs Lisax #23

BJ said...

Fun card and adorable ATC, love it. Thanks for visiting me BJ#5

okienurse said...

What an awesome card...me and my girlies giggle and carry on just about like the ones in the card image when we get out and about without hubbies in tow. I love the way you colored it! Beautiful ATC also. Your desk looks pleasantly busy and well loved! Are those an array of color pencils? WOW! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my desk earlier. Vickie #26

Terri Snode said...

What a fun card! Love the image of the girls in the car and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers "Girls Wanna Have Fun" challenge.

May said...

Love your card, your colouring is fabulous... Love the ATC too.. Lovely creative desk.. Have a fun filled crafty week ahead May#29

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

I love the people in the car!
Have a super weekend,
Katie xx44

Céline said...

fab card
thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
hugs
céline

Rae Ann said...

Such a sweet ATC! Love the sentiment you chose and the polka dot background is perfect.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

Yvonne Garner said...

Such a fun card and perfect for our challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Thanks for sharing.

Lin said...

Love your card. The image is just fabulous and coloured to perfection. By the way I can see the gloss better in the small picture as it caught the light better.

Thanks for sharing in our square cards challenge.

Lin
Dream Valley

Rae Ann said...

Those ladies look like they are having so much fun! The CAS design really lets them take center stage.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Summer challenge.

lonneke said...

Nice flowers You used. beautiful colors.
Thank you for joining us in The Crazy Challenge
Hugs Lonneke dt

k.m.meena Herale said...

Beautiful ATC and card. Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS ATC DT

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful ATC Card! Love the design and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at HLS ATC Challenge.

Linda said...

Gorgeous little ATC ... love the added shine. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge xx